Effective Voice Projection
Many academics have never received voice coaching and yet use their voice professionally almost every day. It is not unusual for them to experience discomfort or a weakening of their voice after a long lecture. Sometimes students complain that they are not clear or loud enough or that they speak in a monotone.
Through workshops, coaching or a combination of the two we can help them to discover their true voice and develop it to maximise it’s impact.
Typically we cover areas such as –
- Physiology – Understanding how and why you sound the way you do.
- Preventing and curing vocal strain.
- Resonance – The effect of different areas of resonance on the listener and techniques for developing it.
- The effective use of pause, stress, rhythm and inflection.
- Relaxation, breathing and voice projection exercises.
- Articulation and Speech clarity
If members of staff at your university are interested in a voice projection training course, contact Talking Shop today for courses in Leeds, London, Manchester and the rest of the UK.