Effective Use of Voice and Clarity of Speech
We are all familiar with the saying ‘it isn’t what you say it’s the way that you say it’. It’s true that we are all influenced by the tone of someone’s voice, their pronunciation or clarity of speech and their use of stress and inflection. Mehrabian said that the tone of a speaker’s voice is responsible for almost 40% of our liking for them and what they have to say. If we are on the telephone then this is much higher. Given how influential our voice is, it’s surprising that most people spend such little time developing it.
Through workshops, coaching, or a combination of the two, we can help you to discover your true voice and develop it to maximise its impact.
Depending on your needs we can cover areas such as –
- Physiology – Understanding how and why you sound the way you do.
- Resonance – The effect of different areas of resonance on the listener and techniques for developing it.
- The effective use of pause, stress, rhythm and inflection.
- Relaxation, breathing and voice projection exercises.
- Articulation and speech clarity
- English pronunciation
If you would like to develop your pronunciation and speech clarity, why not enquire about our communication skills training courses which are available to businesses in London, Manchester, Leeds and the rest of the UK?